Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cabbage, Fennel and Apple Slaw

I WISH I had taken a picture of it, because it was pretty.  But, I didn't know it would taste so yummy or that Captain would say, "This is the best salad you ever made!"  He's begged me to make it again and has laid claim to the small portion of leftovers.  Who knew a kid could love cabbage, fennel and apples so much!

Anyway, here's the recipe, as best I can remember it:

Dressing:
3 Tablespoons oil
2 1/2 Tablespoons vinegar (I used a lemon-thyme infused vinegar my friend, Kristina, made for me!)
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1-2 teaspoons sugar

Salad:
4 cups shredded cabbage
1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced crosswise
1 Tablespoon chopped fennel fronds
2 firm Fuji apples, julienned

Whisk together dressing and add to salad.  Toss to coat.  Sea salt to taste.

We enjoyed this tonight with grilled steaks and mashed potatoes.

No comments: