Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Thanksgiving Table, 2010


We celebrated with a total of 27 people (including me).  The primary language spoken was Mongolian (only one of the 27 didn't speak at least a little Mongolian).  Family.  Extended Family.  Friends.  Missionary kids. 

But the food was all the real American deal!  Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, pumpkin soup and salad, brandied cranberry sauce, asparagus strudel, angel biscuits, carrot souffle, and a relish tray.  Dessert? Apple pie, struessel topped pumpkin pie, cake, and Kahlua coffee.

In all the merry-making, I only remembered to take a picture of the table and the soup.  You'll just have to imagine how breathtaking the rest was.


2 comments:

Lady Dorothy said...

Daja! You singlehandedly put together a Thanksgiving dinner for 27! We forgive you for not taking pictures! LOL And I'll imagine how delicious it all looked AND tasted!

Andrea said...

I didn't get a picture of all the food I made either... for Thanksgiving OR Christmas. I can't believe I didn't do that. Course, as your mom said, when we do it singlehandedly, there's a bit more on our minds besides pictures, isn't there? :-)

Your table was absolutely beautiful, Daja! Gorgeous! And I too can imagine how wonderful everything tasted.